Beauty Secrets: My Advice for Botox and Fillers

Plastic surgery works. Creams don't. The two greatest treatments to maintain a youthful appearance are Botox and fillers.

Botox is a mild, effective, short-term paralytic. That means it paralyzes the muscles that causes wrinkles. Botox enhances most the appearance of eyes. By eliminating or reducing wrinkles in the stress etched forehead, furrows between the eyebrows, and crows feet on the outer corners of the eyes, it creates a younger looking face.

An injection smooths the forehead. Gone are frown lines between the eyebrows. Smiling still allowed, the eyes are smooth when in repose.

Botox works for about 3 - 4 months. Very expressive people or those who metabolize medicine quickly need another round of injections sooner than that. The more injections over time, the longer it lasts so that you can go many more months before needing it again.

Each area treated costs anywhere from $200 to $400, depending on the plastic surgeon and any specials they run. That means if you only treat crows feet, that is one treatment. Zapping the forehead, between the brows, and outer eyes is three treatments. Budget accordingly. And seriously, don't be cheap. Do all of it to get your money's worth or not at all.

If you get an eye lift, Botox is the best way to maintain your results. Botox injected around the eyebrows can also give you an eye lift. This is included in the crows feet injection. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon to give you an "eye lift" with your treatment.

Botox does not treat under eyes. If you need help with "sinking" under the eyes or dark circles (shadows caused from hollowing out), consider getting fillers. Combining the filler treatment of "Muppet Mouth" with treating your eyes saves money.

I have two favorite cosmetic surgeons here in Atlanta I go to for Botox. I have referred so many of my friends to both of them. All of them have been very pleased with the results. It should be no surprise how beautiful my girlfriends are! I support all our efforts to maintain beauty and bolster confidence.
  • I recommend Dr. Petrosky at Plastic Surgery Center of the South. Dr. Petrosky is famous for doing the best at eye lifts. I've seen his work and he is a master. He is such an ethical doctor that he has actually turned me down for services! Who does that? His reasoning was that I wouldn't get the results I wanted for the money it costs and the pain it causes. So when he makes a recommendation, I really believe him.

    Another amazing professional on his staff is Marsha Fuller. She treated my acne with Retin-A and microdermabrasion. Best of all, she helped me to restore my happiness. Marsha has also talked me out of unnecessary products and procedures. What she says, I do with absolute confidence knowing she wants the best for me. When people talk you out of wasting money, they fulfill their professional obligations. And earn a place in Heaven, I'm sure. FYI, get on Marsha's email list for invitations to Botox specials. They are great deals performed by great doctors. Also, you can get from Marsha RevitaLash at a price cheaper than ordering it online. That stuff really works! And is so much better than eyelash extensions.

    Another master on staff is Pam Stowers who does permanent make-up. She have perfected my face by giving me eyebrows. I'm naturally blonde so my eyebrows are sparse and very light. Tired of stenciling, penciling, and powdering them everyday - always with uneven results - I decided to get permanent brows. I'm also very fair. Alas, the only punishment for being an Irish Rose.... So Pam framed my eyes with permanent eyeliner also. It really showcased by big, beautiful green eyes. So lovely! The final touch was the lip liner with its rosy hue. Get the nerve block when getting your lips done because the discomfort is great. I look great without make-up, a natural beauty at dawn. What a gift.

  • I also recommend Dr. Kim at Kim Facial Plastic Surgery. He has given me both a brow lift and eye lift through Botox alone. Dr. Kim also specializes in facial work for Asians. Given how beautiful his office staff is, I believe by seeing for myself. Dr. Kim has also talked me out of unnecessary procedures. That earns considerable credibility and lifelong loyalty with me. At the same time, he has also given me great ideas that I want to pursue in the near future. Ask about his Botox specials and you'll be grateful.

Fillers fill wrinkles. They are used mainly for two purposes. One is smoothing out "muppet mouth" that forms a deep furrow from our nose down past our bottom lips. The other is to plump lips. Juvederm is the most popular filler these days.

My favorite filler is Radiesse for both a nasolabial filler and lip plumper. However, it is very controversial for its use around the lips because it causes nodules or bumps in the lips. With a skillful plastic surgeon - I highly recommend Dr. Petrosky - a deep injection bypasses the problem.

Radiesse and Juvederm lasts for one year or longer. It costs between $500 - $600. Get the nerve block for pain. It is so worth the $50! You'll swell more from the histamine response than from the fillers, but the swelling goes down quickly. Then gorgeous lips emerge.

I get a refill yearly, halving the dosage between my Muppet Mouth and Trout Pout. The results are fantastic! It's addictively delicious.

When you get injections done, I highly recommend SinEcch for fillers. It performs miracles at reducing bruising and swelling. So much so that I have gone to work the next day without that tell-tale bruising around my eyes and lips.

I bruise easily, so really appreciate how well it works. Before they made SinEcch for fillers, I had bruising around my mouth that some people thought were cold sores. Phew.

The scorn felt for women who get plastic surgery is so great, I preferred people think I had herpes! Truly. How pathetic is that? Ugly Americans, indeed. Not me.

God gave me the gift of great genes. Of course I am beautiful. He made me in His image.


2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog, thank you! I was looking for Botox surgeons recently and ran into The Patients Advantage. They have a great way to find the best surgeons and it is completely free. Check them out (www.ThePatientsAdvantage.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the best referrals come from close friends and other people from the same social set. Perhaps because there is personal accountability between you and your friend who refers a trusted professional with whom they have developed a friendship.

    "Blind" referral services have littel credibility with me because they lack what's most crucial to me - personal accountability. If you get misled by an online referral service, there's no audit trail to the originator of bad advice.

    But when someone bets their own credibility by offering an introduction to a professional and recommendation for their services, that has tremendous value to me. Referral bonuses and discounted fees aren't incentives enough to wreck your own good name by passing along shoddy service.

    Plus, people are their advertisements. You can look at my pretty face and see that my favorite beauty providers really do a great job. Add to that my high opinion of those terrific professionals I've developed a serious appreciation for, and you've just tapped into my social network.

    ReplyDelete